Yes, it is that beautiful time of year.
That time when the air smells cleaner, the days last longer, and the world is bursting with color. It seems as though life is reborn.
Mother Nature has opened the windows and cleaned out the dust and cobwebs..
And this makes us very, very happy.
In keeping with the season, we decided that a spring cleaning was in order here. And let me be clear...this is no ordinary cleaning. Yes, I am cleaning out the closets, under beds (it's amazing the forgotten toys that have been hibernating under there!) and (God forbid) in the garage...but I have also decided to sweep out the dust and cobwebs that have been shadowing some of the light in my life recently. But, more on that later...
I figured a good place to start would be here with our blog. I hope you like our facelift and the musical accompaniment. While words and pictures tell a story, music often sets the tone and fills in the blanks where words fail us. And, we all know that there is a theme song for every moment in life (smile).
And, so we begin again. I somehow lost track of the important things in life, recently. I let distraction fill my time instead of focusing on the things that are most important: my faith, my babies, my husband, my family. There are so many distractions out there that draw our attention away from these beautiful blessings. Things like Facebook. While Facebook has its place, it can also serve as a time suck. And Lord knows, there are not enough hours in the day as it is. So while, "So-and-so is enjoying the weather, or going to the gym, or going to the bathroom", I will be doing puzzles or baking or bike riding with my babies. Because that is what life is about...not updating my status about the mundane moments in life.
As I clear out the literal and figurative dust and cobwebs, I have also decided that there are certain relationships that need to be cleared out of my life. As my wise husband has said on numerous occasions, "If they don't bring anything to the table, let them go. Stop wasting your time and energy..". And I know he is right, but I NEVER give up on anything or anyone. But then I am reminded of a saying:
Reason, Season, or Lifetime
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.
When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
— Unknown
And so, I let go. And while there is sadness for the loss, there is also relief. I am happier and less preoccupied. I am also able to appreciate the good, healthy and happy relationships in my life. And I am, more than ever, grateful for the LIFETIME relationships that I have been blessed with.
As the cobwebs and dust have cleared, so has my perspective. I see the beauty in the ordinary moments in life. I am learning to savor these moments, because I know they "won't be little forever". (And as I sit here, attempting to complete this thought, I am watching my 20 month old's reaction to hearing music for the first time through earbuds....and the look on his face is utter amazement. If only that wonder and amazement of the mundane things in life, could continue each and everyday thoughout our lives.)
It's good to be back...in more ways than one. Happy Spring :)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!