Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Life detours....

Some days do not turn out as planned.

Take for example, this past Friday. I had planned for weeks to take my little ones to Tallahassee to celebrate Mother's Day weekend with my mother and sister. For once, I had the laundry done, bags packed and clothes carefully layed out by 8:00 pm the night before. This was truly a miracle. I went to bed that night comforted by the thought that I had finally broken my self-induced last minute Lucy curse. Enter the next morning. We got out the door without a hitch and were heading southbound on I-95 when I was struck by a chest clenching and throat tightening reality: I had forgotten the tickets. There was no sliding under the wire and pulling it out at the last second heroics going to happen today. I was angry, frustrated and disappointed with my lapse in responsibility. I mean, I did at least ten paranoia checks for everything BUT the tickets. How could I have missed that critical piece of the puzzle? After rescheduling us on a flight the following morning, I decided to put my big girl panties on and deal with it. A day is only a loss if you allow it, and that was not going to happen...again.

Sometimes life's detours bring us the greatest joys....

A Mother's Day tea with my first-born little love. She forever holds the privilege of being the one who made me a mother.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sharing laughs with the one friend who reminds me to NEVER take life too seriously. Vikki can find humor in just about any situation, and for that I am most thankful...

Photobucket

We don't laugh because we are happy...we are happy because we laugh.

Celebrating the accomplishments of my youngest sister, Christina, as she walked her own red carpet and graduated from Florida Atlantic University...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

....Surrounded by family and friends who are not only your best critics, but also your biggest fans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Friends who have known you since you were a baby...and now love your babies as much as they love you (and maybe more)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and parents who couldn't be more proud.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Many times we learn the lines, don the costume, and play the part....

Photobucket

...but most of the time, when the curtain drops we find that our reality is far better than any fantasy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As if all that love wasn't enough, I finally made it to Tallahasee on Saturday to celebrate Mother's Day for the first time since I became a mother, with two of my favorite mommas....

Photobucket

Photobucket

and the little loves who make me so proud to be their momma.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We can't pick our family...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

but given the opportunity, I wouldn't change a thing.

Photobucket

Sometimes we find ourselves on a detour in life. We can either assume the detour is a dead end and miss an opportunity, or we can look out and enjoy the scenery.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just so you know, I'm loving the view....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones