



It was the first day of intensive swim school for my little mermaid! She is enrolled in a 5 day intensive course to get her swimming in the right direction...and just in time for summer! She is receiving private lessons this week at AquaChamps in Ft. Lauderdale with Holly where she will (hopefully!) master her mermaid skills. She loves to be in the water, but her biggest problem is that she has no fear of it. She will jump off the side right into the pool whether there is someone there to catch her, or not. Of course, we have a pool fence around our pool at home to keep her out, but in a town with over 190 miles of waterways, not including pools and beaches, the only true insurance policy is to get them swimming! And since I, and all my brothers and sisters were swimming by 18 months (thanks mom and dad!) it was time to dive right in. We'll keep you posted on her progress.
As for the kitchen, we are excited to be meeting with our cabinet dealer/installer this evening to go over all the details. He will be removing/installing cabinets on Thursday, creating the template for the granite Friday, and hopefully all will be completed by the following Friday. Yippee! Steve and I are both off work this week to finish all the last minute details before the cabinet install and to start getting the baby's room in order. Yes, I have a little over 8 weeks until this sweet one is due to arrive and I have nothing, REPEAT: nothing, ready for him/her. Yes, it is so true that it is very different the second, third, etc. time around :) But we are very excited to see/meet him/her!



Not fair! The local swimming teacher won't take Austin til next summer! He is sooo ready for lessons--so it's just up to me for this summer. I hope you are feeling as un-miserable as possible with only a month left to go. I can't wait!!!
ReplyDelete