Thursday, April 15, 2010

Live. Laugh. Love. ....

Bunny ears. Brightly colored eggs. Fresh flowers. Sugary treats. The squeals and laughter of children. Warm spring breezes. Voices lifted high in "Gloria's" and "Alleluia's". The hum and chatter of family and friends gathered around a dinner table.... These are the moments I live for. The moments that awaken my senses and make me feel more alive. What is it about a holiday that makes my senses more acutely aware of the everyday moments that I so often take for granted? Maybe this is why I am such a holiday-addict. I hear, see, feel, smell and taste the moments more on these special days than I allow myself to on ordinary days. Our Easter celebration was more of a week-long celebration...as it should be. We kicked off the week with a neighborhood egg hunt that really got the holiday juices flowing. On Wednesday, we joined Emily and her school for a children's Mass followed by a Easter party, complete with yet another egg hunt! By this point, the kids were getting really good at snatching up the eggs in record time....even my little man was getting the idea!

Father Peter teaches the children about Jesus washing the feet of his disciples. They all found this hilarious.

On Saturday, I was honored to be present for my dear friend Stacy's confirmation at Easter vigil. I wondered why in all my years as a Catholic, I had never been to Easter vigil....well, that night it became perfectly clear. Three plus hours later, Stacy was confirmed and everything from the fire, to the water, to the congregation, to the newly baptized and confirmed had been blessed! I think I counted 7 old testament readings before we even started on the new testament...and isn't that where the story of Easter took place? Whew! All kidding aside, it really was great to be there with Stacy and her family and friends, and I am so proud her decision. It took much dedication and sacrifice for her to undertake this journey, and I know the Lord has, and will continue to bless her and her family for her acceptance of Him. Easter Sunday came early that next morning. The kids couldn't wait to see what The Bunny had left for them....and surely they were not disappointed! It is our belief that holidays are special, and special days should be spent with your special people. This day was no exception....

(Note: The confused look on Lainey's face is justified. She had just opened her birthday present, albeit 2 months late, and found a little cruise ship inside. She had yet to be filled in on the fact that in honor of her 40th birthday, she and Todd are headed on a cruise of her choice. Happy Birthday, Lainey!) And it seems that the Easter Bunny left one final egg hunt for us in our own backyard! However, this crazy bunny must have confused our eggs with another family's eggs up in the Northeast somewhere...and apparently is not a follower of my blog, having missed my previous post re: chocolate in eggs. Yes, we had melted chocolate eggs... (hint: I had ABSOULTELY nothing to do with the egg hunt!). Yes, our Easter was just as it should be: Filled with faith, family, friends, and fun!

Rejoice...for He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones