It has been one of those months. The kind where you look at the calendar and actually have to really hunt for the date, because there is no way that it is almost the end of the month. I mean, I still haven't gotten used to writing 4/day/10, yet. And somewhere as all those days slipped by, life happened. Yep. Life happened and my blog did not. So, as I sit here staring at the screen wondering where in the world to begin, the only thing that comes to mind are an onslaught of random thoughts. So, here we go....
Random thoughts. That phrase actually makes me giggle a bit to myself, because this is what I always accuse Emily of doing. For those of you who haven't seen her in awhile...the girl can talk. And I mean TALK. Literally, from the time she gets up in the morning, until she finally falls asleep at night, she talks. And it isn't about anything particular. Just whatever comes to mind. And she will actually change an entire conversation mid-sentence because another thought popped into her head...which can leave you completely confused, even if you were paying close attention to what she was saying. She is like that commercial that aired a few years ago, of the little girl whose daddy is buckling her into the car as she is chatting away. He closes her door, walks around the car to his side, opens the door and gets in, and the conversation is still going to no one in particular. This happens to me at least 3 times a day. And I am amazed at her stamina. My family calls it the "Keller curse", after my mom's side of the family. My Uncle Steve has it, my sister Rachel has it, and now my sweet Emily has inherited it. It literally is the ability to talk non-stop about anything, to anyone, at anytime...all the time. Now, I admit (to some degree) that I have the recessive talking gene which allows me these afore mentioned qualities, when necessary. But unlike my previously mentioned family members, I can be quiet...and actually enjoy not talking at times. But for those poor souls, it is like asking them to hold their breath. As painful as it may be, they can hold their breath only for so long, but then they pass out, regain consciousness, and begin breathing..er, talking again.
So, begins my feed of random thoughts...
Family time...in all its many forms, is heaven. I LOVE it, and can never get enough of it. There were so many reasons I didn't want to move back to South Florida four years ago. But the one reason that brought us "home" was FAMILY. Although we have our droughts, where we go sometimes go weeks without seeing each other, it is always comforting to know they are just a phone call or short car ride away.
And soon, we will welcome my brother Tom, and his family, Jen, Tommy and Danny, "home". After years of anticipation, Tom will finally be completing his fellowship in Gainesville at the end of June, and joining my dad's practice in Ft. Lauderdale! On one of their recent "house hunting" visits we were so happy to have them stay and play with us for a few days. They all play so well together. And as you can see below, both of my kids are in love with their newest cousin, Danny.

Yes. The pure, unconditional, fills you up and makes you smile kind of love for babies. And they come by this love of babies 100% honestly....and I L.O.V.E it. Every second.
And
here you can see
my baby singing his version of "Twinkle, Twinkle". Makes me very itchy for number three....
Speaking of
babies, I have to take a moment to give props to mine. I love how much they love each other. Now don't get me wrong, they fight and have sibling rivalry just like every other brother and sister duo out there. But their outward love for each other is worth mentioning. Now that Stephen is much more verbal, I love to sit back and listen to their conversations which start umpteen times a day like this:
Stephen: "Ya-ya, ya-ya..?" (his name for her)
Emily: "Yes, buddy...?"
And the conversation continues. I love that she calls him buddy all the time. And he truly is her little buddy. Emily has also become the Great Comforter lately. When there are tears or tantrums that can't be soothed by mom, leave it to Emily. He walks over to her, puts his head into her chest, and cries. She in turn, hugs him, kisses him, "shh, shh" him and then whips out a Tinker Bell napkin (which apparently has magic powers) and wipes his tears. I love their amazing little bond. It freakin' makes my heart smile.

And while we are on the subject of hearts smiling, here are a few more to make you smile...
Again, a beautiful post and a beautiful family! So happy to hear all is well - and glad for your getaway!!! (and a little jealous!)
ReplyDeleteI think the talking also may be an oldest girl thing, or maybe just an Emily gene too, because I have one of those as well :) Our precocious kiddos!
I love the stories and pics of the 2 of them - SO adorable and makes me itch for number 2 in a bad way!