Lion Country Safari has been around since I was a little girl, and I vaguely remember driving through it on a field trip. It was the first drive thru safari and "cageless zoo" in the nation. Animals roam freely and always have the right of the way.
It's a place where kids ride shotgun...and seatbelt free.
Where llamas cause traffic jams...and could care less.
A place where large tortoises move so slowly that the local vultures have begun to hover.
Ostrich rule here and have assumed the job of traffic cop...
and you better think twice about calling them pea-brained...
A place where little loves look on in awe at the majestic beauty of God's creatures.
And a place where animals with a name like "Mongolian Wild Ass" are welcome, without discrimination...
It is here that I have decided that someday I want to come back as a lioness, napping in the middle of the day, without a care in the world...and surrounded by my entire family.
Where even the most unlikely of friendships are formed...
And hugs are always welcome.
A place where you can just hang out...
and never have to stick your neck out...for anyone...
Unless you really want a snack.
And where close encounters are encouraged and very welcome.
Today was a good day. Today we laughed, loved, and walked hand in hand with the animals and with each other.
Today we lived in peace and harmony. Another beautiful chapter, in Our Life.



Looks like you had a FABULOUS time, and I had a glorious time reading and looking at your LCS adventure. LOVE seeing your "little loves" and the smiles on their faces.
ReplyDeleteYou had a hard week, I read....oh my sister...we must be living the same life...just miles apart (tears flowing). Can we move our girl's trip up to next week? Tomorrow? Sign me up!!! Miss you SOOOOOO much, and look forward to catching up VERY soon. So sorry that it seems to be such a task to connect as of late...promise once I get my head above water (and these $*#& moving boxes!), I'll be in better contact. In the meantime, keep the blog coming...I don't have my home internet hooked up yet, but I'm borrowing my Mom's laptop, and your blogs are a true piece of "peace" to my mind. Looking forward to talking soon. Hugs, hugs, hugs. ~Melanie