Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Grateful...life happens.

As most of you know, I am rarely at a loss for words. I can talk to most anyone, about anything, for extended amounts of time. It a both a family blessing and a curse. However, in the last couple of weeks, I have found myself in a strange place. I can't seem to sit still long enough to have a little conversation with my computer, or blog. I have a bizillion topics swirling around my head like tumble weeds in a deserted wild west town, but nothing coherent ever makes it to a blog post. I just type and backspace, backspace, backspace. Weird. I know the writer's term for this is called "writer's block", but since I hardly can call myself a writer (I consider it more rambling), I guess it's just more of a brain freeze or brain lock. Kind of what my computers seems to do more and more of these days. Now if only I could just CTRL+ALT+DEL to reset my brain, like I can my computer. SIGH.... There are many days where I get to the "bewitching" hour of the day, which is a term that I only began to fully appreciate as a parent, and I look around at the mess. The toys, papers, colors, play dough, clothes, dishes, children and whatever project that I have attempted that day (attempted being the operative word...not completed) strewn across my house and I think to myself, "Did someone get the name of that truck that ran me over...?". Then I see it, the name. Written very clearly on the side and back of that truck, in bold letters and it reads, LIFE. And it gets me every time. I shake my head and smile in spite of myself. Life happens. And some days it's easier than others. And some days I'm better at it. But most days, I'm just appreciative. I'm appreciative.... for little ones who are as in love and find as much peace in the ocean, as you do. Photobucket family who travel along with you on this bumpy journey on that truck called LIFE, even though it isn't always easy. Photobucket for life team mates who make the ride worth every bump, swerve, and pit stop. Photobucket for the times when we step out on unsure footing, and find that sometimes it's the most unsure moments that bring the most joy. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket for my girl, who finds love, strength and happiness in her big buddy Photobucket Photobucket just as her mama did as a child, and still does twenty years and many miles ridden, later. Photobucket for the squeeze in my chest, and the lump in my throat, as I watch my little girl love my big girl. Photobucket for riding together as a family. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket for sharing one of my favorite places on earth, with my husband and children. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket for the company of a few of my favorite terrorists. Photobucket for another year to celebrate my favorite, Big daddy. Photobucket and finally for the indescribable joy that comes from my greatest blessings in life. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Life happens, and for that I am most grateful. Headed to my Mama's this week to be CTRL+ALT+DEL(ed). Have a grateful week, my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones