Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love...

I love, Love. It makes me happy. It's what drives me, fuels me, energizes me. My love tank is typically pegged at FULL. I have been blessed to love and be loved in so many ways. And I am not just referring to romantic love but the love of family and friends and life. Yes, you can be guaranteed I smoke the love crack pipe regularly and without shame. Anyone who knows me, and I mean really knows me, knows I feel things deeply. I love easily, intensely and completely. So, a holiday that is ALL about and celebrates LOVE? You can be sure that we came, we saw, and we conquered it, baby! So without further ado, here are a few things I loved about this past week: Sowing the seeds of love Here in the tropics of FL, we have enjoyed a beautifully mild winter and we are shamelessly proud of it. And because Punxsutawney Phil, the famous groundhog, did not see his shadow this year thereby predicting an early spring, we decided to get an early jump on planting. And because flowers look best when sporting a Disney Cars or Princess pot, we happily obliged. Photobucket I love a girl who's not afraid to get her hands dirty. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket She's a girl after her mama's heart. Sowing the seeds, my friends.... Eat...and be merry With the joy of a two year old among us, meal time can be somewhat...challenging. What he ate yesterday may be completely out of the question today. But this time around, I have a secret weapon...and her name is Emily. When he digs in his heels and refuses to eat or try something new, Emily always offers to try. And nine times out of ten, she is successful.... Photobucket I love the way he looks at her, and I hope that never changes. Photobucket "Welcome to Moe's..", has become our new Wednesday night tradition. Here Kids eat Free, while being completely entertained with body painting and balloon creations. Photobucket I am always amazed at how still Stephen can sit, while his latest creation takes shape, Photobucket and I love the look on his face when he sees the final masterpiece. Photobucket Photobucket Once they have finished challenging our artist friend, they then move on to our friend, Judy, the "balloon lady". Photobucket I am always amazed at the designs she comes up with: Lightening McQueen, Fairy wings, a fishing pole with a fish and bubbles attached. I wish my mind had half of that vision and creativity. Photobucket Biker Chick A few weeks ago, my girl got on her bike without training wheels and rode. Just like that. Photobucket And not only is she good, but she's fast and tricky (check her out of the saddle). Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket I love this chick because not only is she cool, but she's as sweet as they come. Photobucket Sending love Valentine's Day was a big deal in our house this year. Not just because we're all smiley faces and rainbows, that too, but because this year Emily was on a mission. After falling in love with Shrinky Dinks (yes, they still have them) she decided that she wanted to make them for her friends for Valentine's Day. She very methodically and patiently picked out each one with a certain person in mind, colored it, and marked it off her list. I have no recollection of what this means in child development terms, all I know is I freaking love it. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket And my prize? This little bunch of grapes which have found a home on my key ring, "so you can always remember me, mommy...". As if I could ever forget. When I asked why grapes she told me, "because grapes make wine, and you love wine Mommy...". Oops, busted and guilty as charged. God, I love that girl. Photobucket And the final product, totally rocked. Photobucket Photobucket My Valentine, of fifteen years, and I had the opportunity to escape for a few hours on Saturday night. Photobucket We were transformed, if only for a few hours, into that badass couple who once spent hours talking, laughing, and sharing our dreams for the future over wine and a fabulous meal in a chic restaurant. And if fifteen years have taught me anything, it's that I would do it all again, 100 times over, if given the opportunity. There isn't a moment I would change, because all of those moments have culminated into one BIG memory, and it's beautiful and perfect. I love the journey we are on and the life we are creating, together. Love. It consumes me, it sustains me, it strengthens me. Wishing all of you much love, today and always. Have a LOVELY week, my friends... “Where there is love there is life." Indira Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones