Saturday, April 2, 2011

All Aboard....

Sometimes, the best plans are those that come together on a spur of the moment. Case in point, yesterday afternoon, Steve and I decided to take the kids out to dinner via the Tri Rail train. The train station is only about 2 miles from our house, so we threw on our shoes, I grabbed my camera bag, and we ran to catch the 5:19pm train.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My little guy is enamored by everything trains these days and will drop everything when he hears the whistle or sees one go by. He was beyond excited to see one up close and actually get the opportunity to hitch a ride.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He even went to thank the conductor.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And for as much as I complain, at times, about living in South FL there really are some amazing things to do and places to go. I just have to remind myself to think outside of the box. I mean, how cool is it to take a train to dinner, ride the trolley to get ice cream and dance the evening away to a live band while warm, salty breezes rustle the branches of palm trees above? It totally rocks, my friends...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I have decided that I want to be just like this lady when I am her age. She was out there, all alone, dancing and salsa-ing her little heart out, without a care in the world.

Photobucket

And this little one was no different. However, she mananged it with a half-eaten ice cream cream cone, dripping down her arm. Talent, my friends.

Photobucket

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend. Get out there, step outside the box, and step on the train of life. I promise you a very exciting ride. Happy weekend, my friends....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones