It makes me anxious and unsettled. It keeps me from focusing on the important things and tasks in life. I am not one of those people who watches reality shows like, "The Real Houswives of...." or "The Jersey Shore". I find no pleasure, no excitement and certainly no entertainment in it. The extent of my reality show viewing involves watching men on pitching ships in the middle of the Arctic Circle, attempt to catch crab. I have no need for hurtful drama...and absolutely no room for it in my life.
So when real, unsolicited, and frankly..unnecessary..drama makes its way into our lives, needless to say, I am not a fan. In the past few weeks, I have been at a loss for words....or at least meaningful and peaceful words. Most of the time, my ability to string words together is fueled by an emotion. These past few weeks the emotions of anger, frustration, disappointment and sadness provided nothing more than a blank screen and blinking cursor. But today when I sat down, the words and sentences started to evolve. I think the wounds are finally beginning to heal. The process of healing takes time, and sometimes there are wounds that leave gaping emotional scars that while healed, will always leave a mark and a reminder of the trauma that can never truly be ignored.
Despite the drama of the last few weeks, life still marches on. We have celebrated birthdays,


Father's Day,

and just a regular ol' Sunday...



because that's what we do.
Steve and I pride ourselves on our ability to find happiness in the most mundane things in life.


We create it, we want it for others...it's what drives us and sustains us. And so despite life's challenges, we live it....happily and fully.




Sometimes we falter, stumble and fall flat on our faces. But our safety net of friends and family are there to pick us up, dust us off, put a stiff drink in our hands, and keep us moving...
There are people who thrive off of drama. They encourage it, create it, and live it. I am NOT one of those people, nor do I wish to be surrounded by or have those people in my life. Today I am grateful to have turned off the bad reality drama in my life and to be moving forward. Life is too short, not too.
Rejoicing in the Simple Things....



No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!