


Any accomplishment made by my kids, render some form of celebration. You used the toliet?...hooray, here's a lollipop. You went down the slide alone?...hooray, high five. You just read out loud?...hooray, BIG hug. Yes, we celebrate it all. And why not? Life is too short, not too...
So we celebrated Emily's graduation from St. Thomas More Preschool with all the pomp and circumstance that such an accomplishment deserves....



We are very excited about her new school next year and attended her Kindergarten orientation last week (sigh, tear). Where do the years go?And yes, my daughter will continue to be a little Catholic school girl. Hold your comments, please.
The pole dancing proficency however has me a little concerned....

A moment ago when my girl was still a baby, we were making our way through Publix. An elderly woman stopped to admire my little angel and then spoke with us for a few moments before offering some words of wisdom. She encouraged me to enjoy my babies and my time with them, because as she explained, as soon as they went off to school they would no longer be mine. She said soon enough their friends, teachers, school, and activities would be their focus...not me. It dawned on me, that day, that this woman might be onto something. Before I realized it, my girl would no longer want or need me in the same ways or for the same reasons. I see the beginnings of this and it tugs at my heart.
During the past two years since she began school, I have watched her evolve and grow into a kind, loving, helpful, insightful, and outgoing little girl.


She has also created some great friendships and memories...



and so have her parents...



Where one chapter closes, another begins. Next year, my girl will start Kindergarten and my baby will begin Pre-K3. There are many days that I wish I could freeze this time, these moments. They are so little, sweet and innocent.

And though many days their problems may seem like mountains, I am blessed that most are nothing more than speed bumps that cause us to briefly slow down and take notice. This nostalgia that I often experience is rivaled by the knowledge and excitement of the many memories and moments we have yet to create.

The story is just getting started. We are turning the page and writing our next chapter, our story....



No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!