Most days, I feel like I am on a non-stop treadmill of life.
The belt of the treadmill never stops. Somedays, the pace is slow and steady. Other days, it is erratic with a constantly changing speed and incline. And still other days, it is an obstacle course where I duck, jump and block incoming hazards. This treadmill is permanantly stuck on random mode, and despite my best attempts to control the speeds, inclines and modes....my inputs are futile. So each day I lace up my shoes, hop off the sides where I have found a momentary respite, and keep moving.
There are many days where I am eyeing that big red emergency STOP button. I swear I can hear it calling to me, taunting me, beckoning me. It begs me to reach out and hit it, and just catch my breath. So last week, that is just what we did....
Behold our respite, our peace, our sanctuary...Cancun



Two days away from the rigors of raising a family, work, paying bills, maintaining a house, phone calls, texts and emails. Two days that were entirely dedicated to us.
Our beautiful and serene hotel....



If there is anything that eight years of marriage...and fifteen years together...have taught us, it is that we have to nurture our relationship and our marriage. There was a whole life between us, before our two little angels arrived. Becoming parents has been the greatest blessing and addition to our lives, but it has also challenged us to find ways to evolve as a couple. It is no longer just about us. Nothing in life is static. When we stop growing, changing, evolving...we stop being.
So, we went parasailing...together.

It was quiet and peaceful...and just us. We listened as the wind rushed by, whispering secrets into our ears and carrying our dreams away on salty breezes. We marveled at the beauty of the turquoise waters and witnessed as a loggerhead sea turtle swam gracefully by. It was breathtakingly beautiful, yet adventurous. A perfect analogy of our life together.
From walks on the beach, to swim up bars, massages, naps on the beach, and hours long meals filled with great food, wine and conversation (and no interruption). It was a perfect way to celebrate our journey...

Our waiter was amazing. His photgraphy skills, not so much......

...a journey that once began as a friendship and has become so much more. Together we are creating the life and family I have always dreamed of. My cup runneth over...

A special shout out to my mom, for being the safe and loving guardian of our two most precious gifts. Without her, this escape would have been impossible. Thank you mom, for being nothing short of amazing.

We may have hit the big red STOP button, and jumped off for a quick escape, but the treadmill of life never ceases. We have caught our breath, stretched, been rejuventated and jumped back on...and are off and running.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!