Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's A Boy!!!

Ready to welcome Baby #2..and barely hanging on at 7cm!
It's a BOY!
The newest addition to the family.
Hello world!

At long last, we proudly introduce: Stephen Joseph Goff
Here are the stats:
Born: 07/05/2008 @ 1911 EST
Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz
Length: 21 inches

Our little guy took his time getting here, but when he decided to come he arrived in quite a hurry! I had decided before getting out of bed this morning, that I was going to stop obsessing about getting this baby here, and just go on about life. So what better way to kick off the day than to clear, pressure wash, and rearrange the back porch in 90 degree heat? After a dip in the pool and lunch, I figured it might be a good idea to take a quick nap. Well thank goodness for that nap! At 1455 my water broke. After a call to my midwife,Rachel, I decided to stay home as long as possible before heading into the hospital. After about an hour, I noticed that my water had turned a light shade of green (thin meconium) so after another call to my midwife, we decided that I should head in for some monitoring. Of course, I had to shower, finish packing, dry & flat iron my hair, and add some makeup :) By this time I was in total denial, but was contracting every 2-3 minutes and no longer able to talk through them. By the time we got to the hospital it was about 1730, and things were really moving along. As soon as my midwife arrived, she checked me and confirmed that I was 7cm. After 3 contractions, while standing at the side of the bed, I quickly moved to 10cm and was ready to start pushing! I pushed for about 30 minutes and finally welcomed Stephen Joseph at 1911!!!

I was so blessed to finally have my "dream" delivery: fast, uneventful, completely medication free and attended by a midwife. It was so empowering, and worth every painful contraction, to experience this delivery intervention and medication free. I am forever grateful to my incredible midwife, Rachel Devaney, for finally giving me my "ideal" delivery and being a constant source of strength and determination when things got tough. I also could have never managed without the unwavering love, support and encouragement from Steve. I know that it was one of the most difficult things he has ever witnessed, watching me in pain, but as I promised him at the start: it was all worth it! To our family and friends: thank you for all of your support and calls of well wishes. We are so blessed to be surrounded by your love and encouragement.

We will continue to update our blog as quickly as possible! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones