Monday, September 15, 2008
Boycott Oprah...
During such a historic time in our nations history, I find it ironic..no, hypocritical..that Oprah Winfrey would choose NOT to interview Republican VP Sarah Palin on her show. I have always been a fan of Oprah's, not just for what she has accomplished and given back, but because I felt she stood for women. Now I am afraid that to Oprah, politics is only skin deep. Why else would she refuse to interview a woman, Sarah Palin, and give viewers the opportunity to hear both sides and make an educated decision? So much for empowering women to make their own choices. While I understand that Oprah has the right to interview whomever she chooses, and she has made it widely known who she has chosen to vote for, it is truly unfortunate to see this.
I am boycotting Oprah because I believe that if you are going to be a public person who preaches equality and self actualization for women, then you should give women the opportunity to see both sides of a debate and choose...not make the choice for them. It is my belief that Oprah has chosen to support Barack Obama based on the color of his skin. Isn't that exactly what Oprah stands against? I hate to say it but racism is alive and well...and it goes BOTH ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love, and leave a message. You know you want to...!